Get Free Government Help for Daycare

The High Cost of Childcare

Free child care assistance, is needed by many low-income working families. The Human Services Child Care Assistance Program, (CCAP), helps low-income families with child care assistance. This assistance is beneficial in helping young mothers, go back to school to get a better job, or a mothers already working, This article will tell you what you need to do to get help.

Childcare, is the single most important things necessary to help single mothers remain working? It can easily take up to 50% of you gross income, for childcare placement; especially if your have more than one young child.

Many women find that unless they have a high salaried job, it is cheaper to stay at home and try to live on their husband's salary. What if you are the only income your family has? Good news! You may be eligible to get government help for, child care.

I remember when my son was a baby, and I both worked and went to school, it was very difficult and could not have done it without the child care assistance community program that, helped me pay for daycare.

Getting Child Care Assistance

How to get free government help: Go to your local Department of Social Services, call or go online to apply for child care assistance.

Simply submit a completed application to your local Health and Welfare office. You may use the office-finder to assist you in finding your local office.

You may also go directly to your local office and apply there. At the office you'll have an opportunity to talk with someone about your household situation and your needs so that you can make an informed choice about any services you want to receive.

If you choose to go to your local office, be sure you have the proper documentation for you and the children you want to place in childcare. You will need information to verify your income, expenses, resources, etc. Taking these documents with you will speed up the time it takes us to process your application for childcare assistance.

The department of Socials Services will also give you a list of agencies and individuals who work with the program to provide childcare vouches.

Waiting for Child Care Assistance

There are so many low-income women needing child care assistance, there is usually a waiting list. It is important to begin registering you child or children months or even a year before you need it. Talk to the Department of Social Service and get a list of child care providers in your area. Call around, and find out, if they have a waiting list, if there is a waiting list, and how long the list is. This way you have an idea of how long your will have to wait to get your little darling in child care.

Other Child care Assistance Options

Community networking: There is a large community of working women. Talk to your friends who have children. If you work days and your friend works night, consider swapping free daycare services.

Family: Consider asking non-working family member to care for your children while you work. Pay them a reasonable amount in return. It will still be cheaper than outside day care.

Never leave your children with anyone you do not know well or feel uncomfortable with.

***Join HubPages - Make Money!***

 Last updated on February 24, 2015

Useful {18}Funny {5}Awesome {4}Beautiful {3}Interesting {8}

Comments 30 comments

katie edwards 12 months ago

how do i go about getting a bed alarm for my daughter who has epileptic seziures

2besure profile image

2besure 12 months ago from Charlotte, North Carolina Hub Author

I am sorry your child is sick. Please contact the department of social services to see if you can get emergency assistance!

sandeep p sardar 13 months ago

Pls. help me .My baby is hospitalise . i have no money

Pls help me . Mail Id :-

elizabeth 15 months ago

where can i find out if i can get help with child day care?? please help i can't afford to quit my job since im paying the bills and the house

2besure profile image

2besure 21 months ago from Charlotte, North Carolina Hub Author

Mevludina, locate you local department of social services and apply for help. They can help you with food, and bills until you get back on your feet. Call to find out what paper you will need to bring.

2besure profile image

2besure 21 months ago from Charlotte, North Carolina Hub Author

Mevludina Lela, go to the Department of Social Services to apply for Food Stamps and help with your rent. Here is more information:

Mevludina Lela profile image

Mevludina Lela 21 months ago

Respect, I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina. I have 26 years old and I have 4 kids, they are old 8, 6, 2 and 1 years. I am houswife and my husband don't have a job. If there have any financial assistance I will be grateful. Thank you !

Mevludina Lela profile image

Mevludina Lela 21 months ago

Respect, I am from Bosnia and herzegovina. I have 26 years old and I have 4 kids. All them are younger than eight years, 1, 2, 6 and 8 years. I am houswife and my husband don't have a job, so if there have anyone to help me, any financial assistance I will be grateful.

JOHN J KAYEE 22 months ago

i am Liberian how have my son is tow years old .

But to some money promber i am looking some one to help me for his school fee.

christiana 22 months ago

my names are christiana mike, i have been married for 8 years i was unable to have a child, i have tried my possible best to make sure that i have a child but no way, i have contacted so many spell caster to help me out on this condition know way, i have been to so many celestial churches no way, i said oh god bring me a helper that will help me to get a child, until my friend introduce me to one Dr Lawree i said all of then are the same that they can not help me out in this condition but they just want to eat my money and run away, my friend said that he is not like that, i said just let me give a little try, i contacted him and tell him every thing that has been happening in my marriage, he said i should not worry about anything that he will help me out, after everything he told me to wait for the next three month time i said OK,but in my mind i did believe that he can do it, then after the three month time when i was in the kitchen making break fast i became so dizzy i said to myself what is happening to me again, then a minute late it look like a dream i just get feinted at once, then my husband hear the scream i screamed he quickly rush down to the kitchen and met me on the floor the he quickly rush me to the hospital were the doctor confirm that i am 1 month pregnant i could not believe it, my husband was so exited, he quickly rush kiss me like never before, i said thank you oh lord for bringing Dr Lawrees to save my marriage, please quickly contact him now before it get too late cause no one can do better as Dr Lawrees, Dr abebe is god sent from heaven, his email is:

BrandiS 23 months ago

My best friend is 19 and has a 6 month old, she's a senior in high school, and is on the verge of being kick out of her parnets house. Because shes still in school will she beable to get government asstanst if she's not living with her parents. Her home is not a good place for her to be, she needs to move out. What can I tell her that will help her??

2besure profile image

2besure 2 years ago from Charlotte, North Carolina Hub Author

American, that you for your comment. Obviously a Romney supporter!

American 2 years ago

quit getting knocked up by strangers. make better decisions. you create the situations you are in. do not blame politics.

2besure profile image

2besure 2 years ago from Charlotte, North Carolina Hub Author

If possibke consider moving to a state that is more woman and family friendly.

Jenni Jones 2 years ago

Where i live I can't get childcare . They say I have to have sign up for child support. I got pregnant and afterwards realized he had killed someone ( he spent 15 years in prison. ) I want nothing to do with him and he wants nothing to do with my son. I work 30 hours aweek and go to college and have to pay for child care. What kind of crap is this???

2besure profile image

2besure 2 years ago from Charlotte, North Carolina Hub Author

Neva please read the article and contact the agencies listed for help. Keep in mind, there may be a waiting list, depending on money and availability of child care providers. For more help:

Neva 2 years ago

single working mom here.. i need free quality child care asap.. my twins auntie was watching them for me to help me out in my tough financial cause.. i just got a phone call that she is no longer able to provide for me as all of the attention will need to be on her health.. she just found out she has cancer.. any and all help will be appreciated.. please.. (im in the east county region of san diego)

2besure profile image

2besure 2 years ago from Charlotte, North Carolina Hub Author

Monet, you situation is heartbreaking. The sad thing is the Republicans want to take away the little bit of help, low-income families are offering right now. You need people, to support you, I get it! Perhaps you can move to an area where you have the support of friends and family.

Monet Benitez 2 years ago

I'm a 25 year old single mommy if two. Ages 3 and 5. I have applied to the cal works/welfare program in California two times now and have been denied. I work forty hours a week and fifty percent of my income goes to rent at 1000 a month. I bring home 1900 after taxes and 1000 of it goes to rent. The other nine is my car payment, and utilities plus groceries. After my kids have a roof over their head and food to eat I'm left scrambling looking for someone to watch them every day. I don't have any family here that will do it. Their dad is 5,000 in back child support which I have a court order for. In order to qualify for childcare assistance I must qualify or cash aid. Income eligibility right now in the state of ca says if I make more than 1,100 a month I do not qualify for childcare assistance. Basically quit my job, get one that pays 8/hr and use the system to get whatever else I need. When is Obama going to look at this? I don't need to participate in classes for forty hours a week that teach me how to get a job when I have a good one. I am simply a young single mother whom was married and had two kids, left in the dirt with nothing. YMCA says I qualify for the b program which will take my daughter at 500 a month but not my son because he starts kindergarten end of August. I'm still going to have to find someone to get him from school and watch him. A CDC is available on campus for 125 a week; not including my daughter who is 3. It's frustrating and I cry every day now thinking this is it. Its getting worse for us.

2besure profile image

2besure 2 years ago from Charlotte, North Carolina Hub Author

Nakeeya, I know that things can be difficult when you have children. These government programs ofter come with strings attached. That the way it is. While you are looking for work check to see if they have the program Wheels for Work in you city. The program helps parents returning work work buy affordable reliable transportation:

Nakeeya 2 years ago

The only way for me to recieve from the state I live In I have to enter into a program that will help me with my resume and Job search plus I must look for 40 jobs a week that is the only way I can get daycare in order for me to get out here and get a job.. Here is where it all falls down NO TRANSPORTATION NO HELP

Michelle Hortman 2 years ago

In the county I live in the way the daycare assistance works is they make you go through a 6 week, 40 hr/week "job readiness" program. This program is ment to show us how to get jobs...ok. Well for those of us who already have jobs, this is the ONLY way to get the child care assistance. So women are quiting there jobs to go through this program to get daycare. This really makes no since to me. Now grant it most of the women doing this program just told there bosses what they where doing and the first "job search" day, they just pretended to hire them. Also I cant for the life of me understand why they wont pay for daycare for us to go to school...only to work. Now to me thats stupid, They will pay for us to flip burgers, and will be paying till our children no longer need daycare, But not for us to better our selves so that in a few years time we will no longer need their assistance. I am a single mother of 4 girls. THIS IS HARD. And I decided that I will put myself through school and make beter of my life with or with out their help. I am now in my 2nd year of college, no thanks to any help from the government.

Erin 3 years ago

I am a single mother of two young daughters(4yrs. and15mo.) I was recieving help from the state to pay for them to be in daycare until they became broke and they started making me file all of these forms and changing their minds about what proof i needed to show them. after almost a year and appeals they said i don't qualify and here is the kicker...they said i will have to pay back what they already paid. When I explained my personal situation they basically said sorry we cannot help but if you have to quit your job to stay home MAYBE you can collect welfare. WHAT!!!!

2besure profile image

2besure 4 years ago from Charlotte, North Carolina Hub Author

Wendy, 30 years ago when I needed help with daycare, it was a lot easier. I pray the government won't cut benefits such as this for people who are working and trying to be self sufficient.

Wendy Brady profile image

Wendy Brady 4 years ago from Arizona

I am a single parent that must pay for everything on my own (no child support). I DO get help from the state for daycare, but I have to pay any extra amount that is above what the state will pay. These programs are all based on income and availability. In many states it is now difficult to get onto the programs because many states are broke. Do not give up because the help is there, but you may have to dig pretty deep to find it.

venetia belk  4 years ago

so im a waitress and work every night while my husband works day well welcare says we know make to much money for free health care for are son we try add him to my husband work insurance they told us they wont add him because we didn't apply earlier so now i need to work days so we can afford the out off pocket insurances. I need daycare for my son .I hope we can get something

vrajavala profile image

vrajavala 4 years ago from Port St. Lucie

we have a daycare and we try to be flexible with our tuition. some people want to know if we take ECL (Early Learning Coalition), however, our experience is that they don't pay. This can be discouraging for both parties.

nicole wilson 4 years ago

i need help with i am goin to miami dade to get my GED

2besure profile image

2besure 4 years ago from Charlotte, North Carolina Hub Author

I know it can be difficult for parents who have little or no other options. Some help is better than none!

    Sign in or sign up and post using a HubPages account.

    8192 characters left.
    Post Comment

    No HTML is allowed in comments, but URLs will be hyperlinked. Comments are not for promoting your Hubs or other sites.

    2besure profile image

    Pamela Lipscomb (2besure),
    HubPages AuthorFebruary 24, 2015

    Click to Rate This Article
    Please wait working